I recently discovered that iMac only has two USB ports, which is not nearly enough for all of the devices that some users might have. After some research, I found that USB hubs are the solution to this problem. However, a lot of them are just regular USB hubs with cables dangling around the desktop, basically sacrificing the sleek aesthetic of the iMac for more functionalities.
After some research, I found some notable USB hubs that can be a great companions for your iMac. These products are not only offering the latest connectivity and speed, but they also look as good as the iMac itself. Without further ado, check out the five best USB hubs for iMac that will maintain the aesthetic of the computer.
Table of Contents
Satechi USB-C Slim Dock
- DESIGNED FOR 24-INCH IMAC – exclusively designed for 2021 iMac (24-inch) models to add extra data storage space, extend your USB ports for fast data transfer and access to peripherals – all with a plug and play design.
- EVERYTHING WITHIN REACH – gives you back your frequently used ports for convenient access to a USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 data port (up to 10 Gbps), USB-A 3.2 Gen 2 data (up to 10 Gbps), 2 x USB-A 2.0 (up to 480 Mbps) and micro/SD card reader slots. USB ports do not support charging or CD readers, including Apple SuperDrive.
- BUILT-IN NVME SATA ENCLOSURE – tool-free NVMe SATA NGFF enclosure allows quick and easy installation of your M.2 NMVe SSDs or M.2 SATA SSDs. Supports up to 10 Gbps High speed M.2 NVME to USB 3.1 Gen 2, 6Gbps speed M.2 SATA to USB 3.1 Gen 1, perfect solution for data transfer and data backup. Not compatible with SSDs with Heat Sinks.
The Satechi USB-C Slim Dock for 24″ iMac is exclusively designed to enhance your 2021 iMac experience. It offers extra data storage space and extends your USB ports for fast data transfer and seamless access to peripherals. The tool-free NVMe SATA NGFF enclosure makes installing M.2 NMVe or M.2 SATA SSDs incredibly easy, providing high-speed data transfer and backup solutions.
With its sleek aluminum design, this dock perfectly complements your iMac while maintaining a stylish and functional workspace. Complete your setup with a 10 Gbps USB-C data port, 10 Gbps USB-A data port, 2 x USB-A 2.0 ports, micro/SD card reader slots, and the NVMe Sata Enclosure.
Anker 535 USB-C Hub
- Made for iMac: Designed to work with both old and new Thunderbolt 3 iMacs to make ports much easier to access. Not compatible with iMacs with Thunderbolt 2 ports.
- 5-in-1: Connect to your iMac’s Thunderbolt 3 port to get access to SD and microSD card slots, 2 USB-A ports, and a USB-C port.
- Make Ports Easy to Reach: No more awkwardly stretching or reaching to use the ports on the back of your iMac. With this hub, you’ll have 5 ports right in front of you every time you need them.
- Transfer Files at High Speed: Both USB ports and the USB-C port support a maximum file transfer speed of 10 Gbps, while the SD and microSD card slots let you transfer your latest photos at up to 312 MB/s.
The Anker USB-C Hub for iMac is a must-have accessory for your iMac 24″ 2021. Its amazing build quality ensures it never gets hot during use. With this hub, you can conveniently expand your connectivity options without the need to reach around the back of your iMac. The installation process is simple and hassle-free.
It features multiple USB-C and USB-A ports, allowing you to connect various devices such as external drives, keyboards, and more. The hub delivers a full 10 Gbps, providing faster data transfer speeds compared to its competitors. Its sleek design complements your iMac beautifully.
Qwiizlab USB-C Hub
- USER-FRIENDLY SETUP – reaches to use five most needed ports in front of your iMac. Mount it to your 2021 iMac stably into one of the thunderbolt ports easily.
The Qwiizlab USB-C Hub 6-in-1 Adapter is a front-mount hub designed for the 24″ iMac M1. It offers convenient access to ports and additional connectivity options. With two USB-A 3.0 ports, a USB-C 3.1 Power/Data/Video port, a USB-C 3.0 port, and a full-size SD and Micro SD card reader, it provides versatile connection possibilities. The higher-end model even includes an HDMI 2.0 port.
The USB connections are limited to 5gbps, and the hub requires both rear Thunderbolt ports, restricting the use of other Thunderbolt devices. While it’s not the fastest USB hub available, it’s one of the best when it comes to aesthetic integration with your iMac.
minisopuru USB-C Hub for iMac
- 【Support M.2 SSD】: The multi-functional iMac accessories support a high-speed SSD (Not Included) to expand the storage of the iMac 24 to meet different needs. The USB c hub multiport adapter support M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD 16Gbps interface, compatible with M.2 NVMe SSD or M.2 SATA SSD 6Gbps. SSD is easy to install, and the iMac adapter external solid state enclosure adapter support 2242/2260/2280 M.2 SSD(Max,2TB).
- 【Max 10Gbps Super Speed】: This iMac hub can reach a maximum speed of 10Gbps, and easily and efficiently transfer and backup data for your external devices. The iMac hub can connect laptops, phones, tablets, and more. The iMac USB Adapter perfectly hides the SSD and maximizes the style of the iMac 24-inch. The non-slip pads and removable bottom plate on the bottom of the iMac Hub allow users to install SSDs.
The Minisopuru USB C Hub Adapter is a 7-in-1 iMac accessory that supports M.2 NVMe SSD expansion of iMac 24 inch 2021. It has USB-C 10Gbps, USB A 3.2, and SD/TF card reader slots. The adapter lets you easily and quickly transfer data amongst external devices and also allows plugging in multiple USB devices all at the same time.
Moreover, its compact design complements the iMac 24-inch and doesn’t interfere with the computer’s wifi and Bluetooth connectivity. Compatible with iMac M1, the iMac USB hub supports all computers with Type-C ports and is backward compatible with USB 2.0 devices.
Satechi USB-C Combo Hub
- SUPERSPEED USB – copy files, download movies and back-up your computer easier than ever before with USB 3.0 speeds up to 5 Gbps over USB-C connection
- DESKTOP EXPANSION HUB – expands a single USB-C port to three USB 3.0 data ports and micro/SD card readers for quick and easy data transfer. USB-A ports do not support charging or CD readers, including Apple SuperDrive
- MODERN DESIGN – brushed aluminum finish complements your modern desk space and matches your metallic Apple accessories in silver, space gray, and now available in blue
The Satechi USB-C Combo Desktop USB Hub is a versatile accessory for your iMac. It provides a range of useful features that enhance your connectivity options. With this hub, you can conveniently transfer data at high speeds and access your memory cards directly.
The color of the hub matches perfectly with your 24-inch iMac, giving it a sleek and cohesive look. While some users have reported stiffness in the cable, overall, this hub is a great addition to your iMac setup, offering seamless integration and expanded functionality.